Inventory Saw Data
9:52 AM 10/10/2022
From the Silky on line catalog from 2008
Curved Saw IBUKI 390 Large Teeth
Truly professional heavy duty curved hand saw – Silky’s alternative to the chain saws. Ideal for the toughest pruning jobs! Japanese for “Big Axe”, Ibuki has the biggest, thickest and largest toothed blade of all the Silky saws. The large, comfortable hand grip provides excellent control over the full length of the saw. The heavy duty 15-1/3" blade has 6.5 teeth per 1.2" which are designed to cut on the pull stroke for fast, efficient cutting. Included with the saw is a sheath which features a belt strap as well as a ring attachment that allows attachment to a tree saddle using a carabiner. Most suitable for pruning large branches at lower and higher position. Ideal for aggressive cutting and efficient chip removal.
- 6.5 teeth per 30mm (5.5 teeth per inch)
- 390mm (15.35 inch) length blade
- Approximate weight with sheath 840g (1.85lb)
- Chrome plated blade
- Non-slip sure-grip rubber handle is very easy to grip
- Perfectly balanced, rugged, one piece construction
- Large, precision cut tooth pattern
- Curved back adds depth and strength
- Because impulse-hardening is not applied, the blade can be sharpened with a file
- Custom designed sheath included
- Superior finish quality
- Limited lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship
- Hard Chrome Plating - Hard chrome plating produces an exceedingly hard, durable surface. The blades are resistant to rust and the effects of resin. They are finely or mirror polished and wipe clean easily.
- Rubber Handle - Almost all Silky saws have rubber compound elastomer handles either inserted or vulcanized to ABS plastic or steel are comfortable to hold, reduce vibration and offer superior grip when hands are wet or cold and when wearing gloves.
- Four Rows of Teeth - Teeth are set in such a way that there appears to be 4 rows of them. These are rough cutting hand saws for heavier tasks. They can rip-cut, cross-cut and slant-cut.
- Sharpenable - Because impulse-hardening is not applied, the blades marked with this symbol can be sharpened with a file.
Pictures from the Silky web site because some of mine are not too great.
Saw E105's physical data
Note: This is a modern pruning saw made by Silky called an Ibuki. No rakers.