Saw Tool Inventory Data Files
Updated: 3:09 PM 11/27/2022
Eventually I plan to clean and measure the saw tools I have on a "time available" basis. I have completed the photography phase and now I am on the preliminary documentation phase. In the "thumb nail" pictures, the colors tend to be strange. This is due to the image compression software that I used. Clicking on the image will get a full, or so, size version of the image. (Each browser or cell phone OS gives slightly different results.)
I frequently use Jon Zimmer's excellent web site as a reference to identify various saw tools. (His pictures are also better than mine.) He also sells tool maintenance items. I have bought several of my tools from him and his description, and photos, always are accurate and I got exactly what I had expected. Some of his web links have stopped working, but the rest are interesting.
An excellent set of information about various saw tool patents
Normal definition images
- Saw Gauges, Metal thickness and spider gauges
- Handles for crosscut saws, text based faster loading
- Handles for one man crosscut saws
- Miscelanious tools, etc.
- Saw Jointers
- Saw Sets listed alphabetically by maker. Small thumb nails.
- Saw Sets arraigned by weight similar saw sets grouped together. Small images.
- Saw Sets by Maker. Small images.
- Setting Stakes
High definition images
- High Definition Pictures of Hammers/Wrests, slow loading
- High Definition pictures of Handles for crosscut saws, slow loading
- Handles for crosscut saws, thumb nails slower loading
- High Definition pictures of Handles for one man crosscut saws, slow loading
- High Definition Pictures of Saw Jointers, slow loading
- Saw Sets listed alphabetically by maker. Large thumb nails, loads slowly.
- Saw Sets arraigned by weight similar saw sets grouped together. Large images, slow loading.
- Saw Sets by Maker. Large images, slow loading.
Site maintenance information
Saw sets that I have examined arraigned by ID number.